Friday, April 14, 2006

Welcome Home Hubby

YAY!!!!!! My husband arrives tomorrow for R&R! Well, I think he does. All I mean is that he gave me all the flight info except for the date. I called everyone I could think of and everyone said, "sorry, we can't help you without a date." HELLO!... that's the only piece of missing information. One lady even asked, "well, can't you call him or e-mail him?" This was after I explained that he is military. I said, "yes, I did e-mail him, but I don't know if he'll get it." She responded, "well, if you e-mailed him, a computer is a computer." Duh! Remember the military thing? My husband isn't exactly a business man carrying around a laptop, he's a soldier carrying around a over-sized-camoflage backpack. Never the less, I managed to be polite with my response. Anyway, after waiting at the airport for over an hour, I got a hold of someone that looked into it and said that he arrives tomorrow. :)

So our place is nice and clean, clean sheets, bathroom mats are freshly washed and fluffy, I have a welcome-home sign that I made, stocked-up on comfort food, and I made a Texas-shaped welcome home cake. I have to admit, it turned out pretty cute. :) I was so worn-out from running around all day, I got a massive headache and was extremely tired because I couldn't sleep last night, so I ended up taking a 2 hour nap this afternoon! Wow! It felt so good, I really needed that... now I only hope that I can sleep tonight.

I'm so ready to see him, it's been 5 months since he deployed. Having this time together means so much to us. We're going to try and fit in some fun stuff, but priority #1 is making sure that he gets plenty of rest. Please pray for his safe travel all the way home. Thank you.

No comments: