Saturday, April 08, 2006

Lacing Up Again

I'm trying to take-up running again, but I don't care to run on treadmills- it's too boring and I haven't found a place close by that I would enjoy running at and feel safe. So yesterday I met up with a friend and she showed me this park that is two towns over from where I live. Not exactly close, but not terribly far either.

It's a decent park that is in a decent neighborhood. It vaguely reminds me of a park from back home, just a little less fancy. But it's kept-up really well, there are families everywhere, and there's a change of scenery. It sure beats the inside of a gym with stagnant air... yuck! I can't rationalize going everyday, but maybe once or twice a week.

BTW... I liked it enough that I went back today. It was really nice to run outside and feel the breeze on my face and have my hair tossled around. I didn't even mind squinting from the sun light. It was a gorgeous day with clear blue skies, vibrant green trees, with laughter in the back ground (I even heard someone singing, "I hope you dance," in a pavilion)... I'm glad that I was able to go outside and really enjoy it.

No comments: