It was a great weekend! It started off with the wedding of two of my Fort Hood friends in Conroe. I was a little apprehensive about the drive because I'm horrible at following directions to new places. Thankfully, I only had to turn around once and that was because of construction. I love weddings, especially when you know both of the people and you know how in love they are. This wedding was touching to me because they'd been separated, as he's an Army contractor and was in Kuwait for 6 months.
At the reception, an older lady/ mom-type came up to me and asked if I was expecting anyone and if she and her husband could sit beside me. Well, it turned out to be the groom's aunt and the rest of the table was filled by other family members- they were a hoot! She was officially the first stranger to touch my pregnant belly. Actually, she grabbed it excitedly with both hands! I'd been wondering how I'd react to someone doing this and I think I was just as tickled and excited about the whole thing as she was.
The other great part about this weekend... Sunday was my birthday! My family came over and my mom made fried shrimp at my request. She used to make this for our birthdays when we were little, so the meal brought back many great memories for me. I also got some fun stuff... Here are a some pictures of a few of the cool gifts I got...
Texas Sheet Cake... can you tell we like color in my family? ;)
I also got a very sweet charm from my parents to add to my charm bracelet, I can't wait to take it in to have it put on.

4 comments:
Happy Be-lated birthday! Yummy looking cake!
Thank you, Beth! The cake was DeLiCiOuS!
oh my goodness--texas sheet cake is like my favorite chocolate cake in this world!! --A West family favorite, and tradition!
Happy birthday, Melissa!!!! Sorry I missed it. I love your apron. :)
Post a Comment