Friday, August 17, 2007

Soul Shaper

My husband recently asked me if I was unhappy with a certain aspect of his job and without much thought, I responded, "well, I'm not thrilled about it, but I've accepted it." Upon more thought, I realized that while that is true, there is more to it than just that. I know this is ambiguous, so it might be hard to understand where I'm coming from, but basically I feel it's easier to accept some things if I know it's out of my husband's control... he's not choosing it, it's what he has to do.

Then I thought about it even more and had an epiphany of sorts. I realized that even though this Army life has had many rough tumbles, it's been good for me... very good for me. Why? Well, I don't consider myself a controlling person, but like most people, I do like to have a certain amount of control in my life or at least feel like I do. I like to make plans for my life and see them come for fruition.

As a Christian I'm guilty of using the cliche, "trust God," with others and I tell myself that as well. Now, I strongly believe that, but here's where the Army comes in... I've had to trust Him like never before. While I may still be unhappy about certain things or worry about certain things, my turn around time is much quicker. I know He will carry us through whatever we face. I know that because He's proven Himself time and again.

I've met many inspirational Army wives and learned this, the ones that survive are the ones that just accept. I know myself enough to know that without God, I couldn't do that. I am grateful that He is continually shaping my character for what He has in store for my life.

1 comment:

RachelRenae said...

Wow. I really needed to read that. I should probably read it a couple more times, becuase I don't think I really get "trust God".