Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Revisiting Old Issues And An Apology

While we were unpacking here, I remembered a jewelry box of mine and had intended to look for it right away. Between two moving shipments, life, and dealing with preggo brain, I forgot about the jewelry box until last week. Since then I've been looking here and there for it and I've been trying to ignore that little voice in my head saying, "the movers took it!" Since I have trust issues that involve maintenance men or any strange man coming into my home, this is an easy fear for me to give into.

Now, we still have a few big boxes that need to be unpacked, but it's some of Wes' old stuff, things from our utility room at Fort Hood, and a box with mirrors and my framed degree... that's it. So I've been searching high and low for this jewelry box or at least I thought I had been. I knew that if I did have it, I'd hidden it well. But really I was more convinced that it was gone- stolen. I just had to check everything before I started vocally blaming someone else. And I'm glad I did. Last night, as I was crawling in bed, I decided to check one more place. It's the box I keep all of the cards and letters that Wes gave me while we were dating and while we lived at Hood. Sure enough, snuggled in this very well taped up box that I'd marked "Important Papers," was my jewelry box. So to all the movers that unloaded and set up our furniture, I'm sorry for thinking you had taken my jewelry.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm sure all of the professional movers that read your blog will accept your apology :)