
It's official, we are moving to South Carolina next week. The exact day is still up in the air, but it looks like it'll either be Wednesday or Thursday. yay. The closer it gets, the less excited I get. So many things are up in the air right now... Are we taking one or two cars? Are we taking a U-Haul? What accommodations will there be once we get there?
Right now, we are basically planning to take our laptop (for Wes), computer (for me), clothes, and maybe some towels and sheets. If we can't fit those in, we'll buy them when we get there. Everything else is going into storage for the next 5 or so months. I know they're just things, but I'm going to miss my things... is that wrong?
I went to share the good news with my gym and with our apartment complex this morning. I did remember that you can get out of both contracts with proof of a PCS, but I didn't remember that you needed to have 30 days notice. So we have to pay for rent through Feb. 8th and since my name isn't on Wes' orders, I have to wait to show proof that I moved more than 30 miles away from my gym (to be with him on his PCS). I then have to mail it to some financial company in another state (other than TX or SC) and send it certified mail, which is when my 30 days notice begins... agh!
After all of this, I went to get an oil change... with synthetic- of course! The first thing I asked the guy was, "Hey, do y'all have synthetic today?" He said "Yes!" And so I left my car to be lubed. When I went to pay, he said it was $24.00... I quickly asked, "For synthetic?" Um, no... he forgot to put synthetic, so he had to drain the oil and start over. The day was going so great, really. How lucky am I?
Actually, it did get better. Wes was already home when I got back and he did have some good news. We get an allowance for each day of travel, plus they reimburse us for some of our gas money, and... we get an additional moving allowance... SWEET!!! I was so psyched when he showed me how much we're getting. It'll definitely come in handy with all the expenses that we'll be incurring. The other good thing is that the Army will have movers that come to pack our stuff. We will have to organize and point what goes where, but we don't have to do the actual grunt work.

3 comments:
WOW! You have a lot of crap to do in a week. I hope it all goes smoothly! Though in the meantime, I suppose we won't be hearing from you much. :(
If I ever leave Denver, I think I could be really happy in South Carolina- hoping that I return home after not too long. The tricky thing is, SC WAS home for Stephen till' a few years ago. Are you and Wes BOTH from Texas?
Well, one thing I've learned in life is to never say "never." I always said that I would not move away from Texas unless I heard the audible voice of God in my ear... well, look at me now! LOL
Wes isn't from Texas, he's from PA, but he's grown to love it here and wants to move back as well.
How things can change! Isn't it funny how we make declarations like that, and so often end up doing just exactly the thing we said "never!" about?
Post a Comment