Wednesday, January 10, 2007

What I Would Do...

This is my answer to RachelRenae's challenge. These are the 10 things I would do if I won 2 million dollars. Honestly, it's hard to know that I would really follow this list unless I did in fact win some money...

1. I would tithe at least 10%... but I'd have to win the money by a means other than gambling, otherwise I'd feel guilty about the whole thing.

2. Pay off our debts and allow ourselves to go on a responsible shopping spree.

3. Buy a decent home for now and put money aside for our dream home later... in our post-Army life.

4. Put money aside to insure parents are taken care of in their retirement.

5. Invest for our retirement, our kids' education, and to open a business after Wes retires from the Army.

6. Go see the pyramids in Mexico and experience a little of my heritage.

7. Go to England and experience a little of my husband's heritage.

8. Put money aside for my niece's/nephew's education.

9. Treat my parents to a vacation at a resort by some mountains, schedule a trip on a train for my dad (and mom), and buy my mom her Hummer.

10. Find a deaf education program that is in need and get them appropriate text books and teaching materials.

If I had as much money as Oprah... I'd probably end up giving lots to charity as she does. At some point it just gets excessive and rediculous... but I'd probably look really cute in my brand new Jimmy Choos while writing out those checks! ;)

2 comments:

RachelRenae said...

Great list! You're so generous. Do you have someone deaf in your family, or just a special interest in deaf education?

I love the Jimmy Choo's!!!

Melissa said...

Nope, no deaf family members. I have always just had a great fondness for the language and then when I started meeting deaf people, I really enjoyed hanging around them and how expressive they are.