Thursday, January 04, 2007

A Romantic Dinner For Two

On and off for the past three days, Wes and I have had some serious stomach issues. We're not sure if we're experiencing food poisoning or a stomach virus. Either way, we haven't been fun... sexy... or surprisingly very hungry.

But last night (as I laid on the couch and he laid on the floor) we shared a sleeve of saltine crackers, cracked open a couple cans of Sprite, and enjoyed some cool crisp water. We held hands and laughed as he jokingly said, "mmm..., Melissa, I just love what you fixed us tonight!" And I joked back, "thank you, I worked so hard at preparing it just of you!" It's good to know that even in our miserable state we could still be lovingly silly, enjoy each other's company, and not worry about how great we look or feel.

1 comment:

RachelRenae said...

Love happens just as much in the everyday blah as it does in the candlelit dinners!