Saturday, January 13, 2007

Regulars

I have always wanted to be a regular customer. You know, the customers that walk into a restaurant and as you're being seated they ask you, "the usual?" That. The thought of it makes me feel warm inside, as if someone knows you. Someone not only notices you, but knows what makes you happy.

Now that we are about to move, I think that Wes and I just made it to the status of "regulars" at the Chinese restaurant we frequent. While I don't always get the same thing (I almost do though), Wes does. So when we went today, the guy comes to our seat with menus, looks at Wes and says, "Coke and water," then to me, "sweet tea." Yup, that's right. :) He also got Wes' order of Lemon Chicken with steamed rice down and that we always order crab puffs and remembered the sweet and sour sauce to go with it.

The thought had crossed my mind that if we do move back, this will be the restaurant our kids will know and remember as the Chinese restaurant they grew up eating at. :)

God bless y'all and I'll see y'all in about a week or so!

3 comments:

RachelRenae said...

Prayin for ya!

Beth said...

Hi Melissa, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, it's great to see who drops by. We have family who are in the forces over here so we'll add your family to our prayer list!x(Hope the move goes well and love the cakes!!!!!!!!!would they post to Wales????)

Melissa said...

Thanks, Beth! We appreciate all the prayers we can get. :)

Wouldn't that be awesome if I did have a cake business and I had requests from as far away as Wales?!?