Saturday, July 12, 2008

Maybe There Should Be A Pooped-Out Van...

While walking the trails at the park this morning, I saw a girl hunched over with her hands on her knees. It looked like she was either about to throw-up or had just finished doing so. My first thought was that I needed to offer her some help once I got closer. Then she turned around to face my direction, sat down in the middle of the path, started removing her roller-blades and I saw a big smile flash across her face.

When I got to her, she asked, "Is this the pooped-out van?"

Me: "It can be!" "Do you need some help???"

Her: "Nah, I'm okay, I just bailed-out on my friend... I'm tired!!!" "I told her I'd skate the circle... Yeah, right."

Then when I was loading the stroller back into the car, I saw her sitting in hers drinking some Gatorade- I can't say I blame her, there've been many times I've wished there was a pooped-out van! Wouldn't that be nice?

No comments: