Wednesday, July 23, 2008

TDY: Day 4 And An Update

Gregory is doing really well today. He woke up an hour and half early, so I brought him to bed with me, but he wasn't having that. So, I rolled out of bed and was going to take him back to his room to change his diaper and nurse him. When I stood up and looked at him (still in the dark), he started giggling and giggling... always a good sign. He was in the mood to play. :)

I just checked the mail about 4o minutes ago and went back to the door to asses the situation. Well, they weren't bees and technically they are wasps, but most people refer to them as yellow jackets. Now it makes sense why I wasn't sure if I saw bees or if they were wasps. Anyway, here's a picture of my happy baby this morning.



















So the rest of the day, I'm going to work on packing and baking for our trip to Dallas. My parents will get here this evening and spend the night. We're planning to leave around 2:00am after Gregory wakes up to nurse. We are hoping to pull in around the time he'd normally wake up for the day. Here are some pictures of the cookies I'm baking... Peanut Butter Blossoms- yummy!!!

3 comments:

Coffman Family said...

That is a remarkable boy - so happy and cheerful after being attacked by yellow jackets! And, I really couldn't see the bites in the photo - quick healer too?! Hope you have a wonderful trip to Dallas!

Melissa said...

Yeah, the swelling went down really quickly. I did give him some more Benadryl this afternoon, but that's been it- two doses. The stings on the hair line and temple aren't even visible anymore, but you can still see the sting on the nose and the two on his right arm.

Thanks, Cynthia!

RachelRenae said...

Peanut butter blossoms! My mom used to make these all the time. so nostalgic. :)