Monday, July 21, 2008

TDY: Day 1 and 2

So, Wes is out of town for the week... TDY or as the civilian world would call it, a business trip. He hasn't been out of town since Gregory was born, so I was a little worried about how I'd fill the time. So far, so good.

Yesterday, after church, I went to lunch with some friends that I hadn't hung out with in way too long. It was really nice and relaxing and I know Gregory enjoyed all the attention. After he had a good nap, we went grocery shopping, played a bit, had dinner and then to bed... well, Gregory went to bed, mommy watched Army Wives. :)

Today... we woke up late!!! That hasn't happened in quite a while. Gregory either wakes us up, I wake up naturally right on time, or Wes' alarm clock usually does the trick. Not today, though! Oh well. So, we went for a later morning walk around the neighborhood instead of the park. For lunch I made pozole (a Mexican soup). It was so delicious, I had two bowls! I wanted to share a picture with y'all, but my camera battery is dead and for some reason, the picture I took with my cell phone won't go through to my e-mail.

Since I don't have to cook and I've been achin' to do some bakin', I made some cookie dough this afternoon and I'll bake-off the cookies this Wednesday. We're going to Dallas on Thursday, so I'll be able to take those along to share with everyone.

So that's all so far today... Hopefully the rest of the day will go pretty smoothly too. :)

2 comments:

Karen said...

sounds like you are finding lots of things to fill your time!!

and if you need to get rid of some cookies, i will be home all day! =)

RachelRenae said...

Since I've been catching up with your blog, I've got to say: Life with a baby sounds way easier (and more fun) than I've always imagined. Maybe that's because you don't blog about the harder days, though. :) I'm glad you and Gregory are enjoying life!